Monday, August 27, 2007

News

Four wonderful things happened to me this summer:

1. I got laid off from my job, giving me the gift of TIME. I spent a month in California with my sisters, read a half dozen or so novels, helped my godson Brad get ready for college including driving with him to Montana to move into his dorm, have taken up cooking again and my hammock/daydreaming location is well used.

2. I won 2nd place in "She Made Her Mark, Too" http://shemadehermarktoo.blogspot.com/

My quilt is titled "Equality" and is an abstract tribute to Eleanor Roosevelt.
3. My piece titled "Puzzle 3" is a finalist at Houston this year in the Innovative Pieced category
4. And finally the end of the bragging, I sold my piece "A Kind Word" which was part of the Doing Small Things with Love challenge through the Fiberarts Connection and traveled to multiple venues. It was purchased by psychologist Dr. Tina Tessina to hang in her office http://www.tinatessina.com/ .

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?